Development OfficerCompany: United Way of Miami Dade
Date Posted: March 13, 2017
United Way of Miami Dade is looking for an experienced Development Officer to join our Development team. This person will work in tandem with the UWD Associate Director on all aspects of United Way Direct. Work in partnership with the UWD Associate Director on revenue growth and quality improvement of United Way Direct with an emphasis on lead time, event materials, prospect lists. Act as the lead staff on all event sponsorship renewals and select UWD events. Actively participate in the strategy development for United Way Direct’s sales plans and growth. Provide volunteer management where needed.
- Lead Development staff on UPS 5k Run Benefiting United Way
- Lead Development staff on Mercedes Benz Corporate Run
- Lead Development staff on pre-inaugural cruise
- Sponsorship Renewal and Project Manager on the following events:
- United Way Mayor’s Ball
- United Way Women Leadership Breakfast
- United Way Veritage Miami, Sponsorship Coordinator
- Play a key role in meeting an aggressive goal for United Way Direct
- Assist team members in identifying, recruiting, training and managing volunteers and United Way Direct event committee members
- Motivate team in identifying and securing new event sponsorships
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: Two to three years of experience in related field.
Skills: Must be detail oriented and work with high level of accuracy; able to multi-task and prioritize a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment to meet stringent deadlines. Excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills required. Advanced in Microsoft Office.
Salary range: $46,000- $53,000
United Way of Miami-Dade is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of diversity and strive to be representative of the community that we serve.
It is the policy of United Way of Miami-Dade to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and candidates for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, familial status, disability and/or membership in the uniformed services.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org