Director of Resource Development and Communication
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fund Development Role
- Develop a strategic organization-wide development/marketing plan that drives innovation, and includes financial goals, specific staff objectives, and strategies for funder cultivation and systematic solicitation of prospects. Assist the Board in developing a Board fundraising plan that addresses various strategies such as corporate and foundation relationships, events, and individual gifts.
- Establish a comprehensive development program and identify the optimal components of an effective development strategy that includes corporate/foundation relationships, individual giving, and signature events.
- Work with senior management team to identify new funders and develop creative and personalized stewardship and cultivation plans for donors.
- Develop and integrate effective processes and systems to support the organization’s fundraising efforts and track development income, donors and prospects. Work collaboratively with senior management and relevant staff to ensure implementation of best practices and operational efficiencies for development and fundraising strategies.
- Grow the donor base by bringing relationships to the table, and by working with senior management to develop new products that attract donors and strengthen funder relationships.
- Research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position Centro Campesino ahead of major funding changes or trends.
- Take primary role in seeking out funds for the organization and donor stewardship through the development and execution of all funding proposals and grant reports; ensure compliance with funder requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring donor database is current and its use for fundraising activities are efficient and effective.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present relevant data and statistical analysis to the Executive Director and board of directors.
- Solicit sponsorships, donations, corporate matching gifts and charitable bequests.
- Serve as project manager for special events including developing event goals and budget through collaboration with staff, committees and vendors.
- Ensure that top donors and prospects are included in appropriate events and are recognized for their service and generosity.
- Maintain effective working relationships with donors, volunteers, government, media, foundation representatives, and others to nurture their connection to the organization.
Communication/Public Relations Role
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to support resource development objectives and advance Centro Campesino’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences.
- Work with the Executive Director and relevant program staff on the conceptualization, planning, execution and monitoring of activities that will help the organization meet its communications/marketing objectives.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of collateral marketing material and agency communication tools, including but not limited to newsletter, E-blasts, social media and other means of fundraising solicitation.
- Support the Board Communications/PR Committee media efforts including helping to conceive and execute communications to enhance organizational brand and programs.
- Deliver public presentations on Centro Campesino and its lines of business; and make presentations to the Centro Campesino Board as requested.
- While communications responsibilities will focus on supporting development efforts, to the extent possible, the Director is expected to work with the Executive Director and other senior staff in helping to build Centro Campesino’s brand among policymakers, opinion leaders, program participants and the public by:
- Identifying significant media and public policy issues that can be leveraged to support Centro Campesino’s work, and create and implement plans to exploit them.
- Managing media relations including helping to execute press events, write media releases/advisories, respond to media inquiries, prepare executive director with talking points, and potentially serving as an agency spokesperson.
- Serving a point person to ensure organizational brand integrity by creating guidelines to ensure consistent look and style for organizational materials, and ensuring that colleagues follow guidelines.
- Overseeing efforts of external contractors and other staff to manage and maintain agency website.
- Development/Fundraising: Proven, quantifiable success in development for a nonprofit organization – managing funder portfolio and achieving annual fundraising goals.
- Project Leadership: Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones. Assertive, action and results oriented
- Communications: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences. Candidate should have a marketing orientation to communications. Familiarity with the use of electronic media, especially social media, for information dissemination is highly desired.
- Influencing: Gets others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders. Is skilled at getting individuals, teams and the entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; inspires others and know how to motivate.
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives; knows how to build high-performing team.
- Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across various levels of the organization and externally.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience leading successful fundraising campaigns for a non-profit agency, preferred.
- Experience working with a variety of media, public relations activities and with planning and executing special events is highly desirable.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) • Experience using Raisers Edge preferred.
- Experience with graphic design software such as InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite or Photoshop.
Centro Campesino is an equal opportunity employer. Centro Campesino is committed to providing a comprehensive, competitive and cost-effective benefits package that promotes a culture of employee wellbeing. The benefits package, includes company-paid health insurance, sick and annual leave, life insurance and long-term disability insurance and 403b retirement account program with company contribution after 1 year of employment and an employee-paid dental insurance policy is also available.
To be considered, submit a letter indicating how you are an excellent match for the position requirements and a resume to Alicia Moreno at AMoreno@CCFCFL.org