Development DirectorCompany: Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy
Date Posted: December 20, 2017
Direct Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in education or experience in related field and 5-7 years of experience.
• Strong fundraising skills.
• Strong communication, public relations and customer service skills.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Superb attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to look beyond specific assignments to see opportunities for development and program
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to different situations to meet the needs of the organization.
• Ability to work from home with limited supervision.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge or another CRM database strongly preferred.
The primary responsibility of the Development Director is to raise major gifts to ensure adequate funding of the annual budget of the Barbara Bush Foundation, including managing program events, such as Celebrations of Reading as assigned. This position contributes to the creation and implementation of strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of gift prospects.
Development Director duties include, but are not limited to:
- Secure major gifts for the foundation
- Develop strategies to secure major gifts.
- Event coordination/management and execution of the Celebration of Reading event(s) and other program events for the foundation as assigned.
- Secure sponsorships and generate ticket sales for the Celebration of Reading and other program events as assigned.
- Supervise and support execution of publicity plan and marketing for programs and program events.
- Compose grant applications and proposals for donations.
- Identify new potential donors, through research, events, networking, and other strategies.
- Document and manage portfolio activity using Raiser’s Edge database.
- Represent organization at fundraising events and in donor cultivation meetings.
- Represent the foundation at events nationally, as assigned.
- Travel as required.
- Other duties as assigned.