Development ManagerCompany: Miami Music Project, Inc.
Date Posted: December 21, 2017
After 9 years of organizational and programing growth, we are ready to further expand our reach and develop structure and support needed to increase our impact in the community. We want you to take the lead to get us to the next level and be responsible for designing, planning, organizing, and managing our ongoing development efforts – rising to the occasion to become an effective Development Manager – and becoming an integral part of vastly expanding opportunities for the children, families and communities we serve.
We are looking for driven and considerate individual; a “doer” rather than a “thinker,” responsive, courteous, detail oriented, innovative, outcome-driven, flexible to work in an often changing environment; and an effective, thoughtful communicator. A successful candidate will be skilled and experienced in developing and implementing effective, cost efficient, fundraising and marketing strategies that invoke passion about helping achieve Miami Music Project’s mission and role in helping at-risk children reach their full potential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fundraising strategy and annual planning:
- Assist the Executive Director and Board of Trustees in determining the long-term vision and strategy for the organizational development operation,
- Draft, review and refine organizational development plan annually, with a focus on stewarding the existing donor base and cultivating new donors through the development of fundraising strategies and major gifts program,
- Research and bring forward strategies to diversify funding, including government, foundations, and corporate funding opportunities, and assist with planning of fund seeking projects,
- Meet individual and team development goals defined in collaboration with the Executive Director.
Individual donor portfolio creation and management:
- Support the Executive Director and Board of Trustees by coordinating all stages of engagement with prospects and donors including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship,
- Research and provide analysis of potential prospects who are best aligned with supporting the organizational mission; bring names forward to the Board, develop and execute plans to engage them,
- Devise digital fundraising drives and engagement campaigns for small donors, in collaboration with the Marketing Coordinator,
- Expand and diversify the prospect pool at all levels of giving and manage strategies around implementing these plans.
Internal systems development, oversight and reporting:
- Review, adjust, and implement the best internal systems and mechanisms to build a successful development operation,
- Oversee donor database (currently using DonorPerfect), its build-out, information input and maintenance,
- Coordinate and strengthen giving campaigns, including traditional mailings and online programs,
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting on pipeline, successes, failures, and major initiatives,
- Foster an environment that incorporates a creative, entrepreneurial spirit but also builds a sophisticated system of practices and procedures.
Internal and external communications:
- Prepare and support the Executive Director and Board of Trustees with effective communication with all development stakeholders,
- Oversee the timely submission and tracking of all development-related correspondence, including mailings, letters of acknowledgement and other materials,
- Collaborate on and help coordinate timely creation and dissemination of organizational and programming marketing materials,
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization and help drive fundraising-centric materials and communications to all parties affiliated with Miami Music Project,
- Lead the execution of the annual benefit and other special events to raise funds and advance the stature and visibility of the Miami Music Project,
- Oversee scheduling and execution of donor and prospect visits to programming sites,
- Maximize existing Event and Concert Calendar and collaborate on its future planning to build fundraising opportunities around ongoing programming events,
- Any other related duties as required or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- 3+ years of related experience including development, marketing, and communications with a US-based non-profit organization,
- Excellent fundraising strategy development and execution capability; experience defining needs, designing solutions, and bringing about required results,
- Solid base of contacts with major donors, corporations, and foundations with an interest in youth, community development, and arts education,
- Proven track record of consistent sustainable revenue growth from major donor campaigns, corporate donations, and foundations,
- Proven track record of digital engagement and donation campaigns,
- Strong written and oral communication skills and superior attention to detail,
- Experience in designing presentations, crafting formal proposals and grant writing,
- A passion for music as a tool to transform children’s lives and communities,
- Organized and flexible, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- A strong desire to forge and maintain long term relationships, with team members, Board members, donors, and all Miami Music Project constituents,
- Occasional off-hour and weekend travel and participation in events and meetings.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter describing your desire and reason to join our team to: email@example.com
Use the words “Development Manager” in the subject line.
Applications without cover letter will not be taken into consideration