Senior Director of ProgramsCompany: Community Foundation of Collier County
Date Posted: September 4, 2018
The Community Foundation of Collier County seeks a Senior Director of Programs. The Community Foundation is located in Naples, Florida. We have over $170 million in assets and since 1985 have done over $130 million in grantmaking. We are seeking an individual with 5-7 years of experience in grantmaking and program development. This position is critical to the mission and impact of the Community Foundation. This position will oversee all aspects of grantmaking with our Community Impact Funds, Field of Interest and Giving Circles. This position needs an innovative person who has had experience in grantmaking strategies and evaluation. This person must have strong analytical and research skills, as well as on-line technology skills.
The Senior Director of Programs at the Community Foundation of Collier County (CFCC) provides leadership and oversight of all Community Grants from Community Impact, Field of Interest and Giving Circle Funds. This position also oversees the development of the annual community needs research document of Vital Signs and the management of the NONPROFIT DIRECTORY. This position is a critical part of the CFCC’s goal to leverage CFCC’s financial and other resources to impact highest priority of community needs.
The Senior Director of Programs is responsible for formulating policies, identifying grant program goals, providing objective analysis of grant requests, and making recommendations regarding grant proposals and special projects to various committees and the Board of Trustees. The position also provides CFCC with up-to-date community data on nonprofits and community needs and works in coordination with the Finance, Development, Donor Services and Marketing staff to ensure smooth coordination among the Foundation’s management team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pre-application assistance to nonprofits preparing grant proposals to CFCC, including disseminating materials and fielding calls. Hold grant seeker workshops for non-profits who are interested in applying for grants.
- Work with Grant Committees and CEO to set the strategic direction for programs and grantmaking services.
- Manage grants from all Community Impact and Field of Interest Funds.
- Manage appointed Grant Committee members, review and vet all applications, organize and staff committee meetings, and make recommendations to the Grants Committees and Board of Trustees.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers directly related to program activities.
- Oversee special Board Initiative Grants in coordination with CEO.
- Develop an outcome evaluation process for all grants to evaluate progress and report progress to the CEO, Board of Trustees, Development, Donor Services and Marketing staff.
- Share outcomes of grantmaking with Marketing staff.
- Work collaboratively with CEO, Donor Services, Marketing staff and nonprofits to respond to donor interest. Provide information to support donor advised grantmaking and offer opportunities to donor’s consistent with their charitable interests.
- Work with Finance staff in the development and monitoring of the annual grants budget and oversee grant distributions.
- Create a dashboard/PowerPoint of grant activities for the Board of Trustees annually.
- Monitor and update the Vital Signs data for CFCC presentations and collateral materials.
- Oversee Donor Edge, powered by GuideStar, and update directory on regular basis.
- Develop relationships with community grantmaking groups and encourage them to create funds at CFCC to support their grantmaking activities.
- Research projects CFCC should be involved with in the community.
- Develop and design new program initiatives.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with the nonprofit sector in Collier County.
- Supervise program interns as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in grantmaking and program evaluation, community foundation experience a plus.
- Advanced degree in policy, business, community services or related field preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and management skills.
- Experience in evaluation and outcome measurements.
- Strong conceptual, strategic and organizational planning skills.
- Ability to work in a complex management environment requiring significant collaboration between functions.
- Ability to generate new ideas and approaches, handle shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Proficiency with computer technology and its use in communication, information gathering and management.
- Ability to maintain close relationships with community agencies.
- Knowledge of community needs and initiatives a plus.
Please send your application to: Eileen Connolly-Keesler at email@example.com or to her attention at CFCC 1110 Pine Ridge Rd Suite 200, Naples FL 34108.
Resumes by September 28, 2018