Major Gifts OfficerCompany: Perez Art Museum Miami
Date Posted: September 30, 2014
The Major Gifts Officer will report to and work collaboratively with the Director of Major Gifts to prospect, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors for upper level annual membership, operating support and the capital campaign. The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for gifts in the 4-mid 5 figure range.
- 3 - 5 years of experience preferred, direct solicitation experience required;
- Ability to strategize gift solicitations and to demonstrate a sensitivity to donor motivations;
- Ability to manage strong relationships with a variety of constituents;
- Ability to function effectively as team member and a willingness to participate in activities and assignments that help meet the goals of and objectives of the department;
- Experience with donor software (Altru preferred)
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor.
- B.A. degree required.
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Manage an active portfolio of 150 donors and donor prospects in order to meet an annual fundraising goal.
- Maintain an active schedule of personal solicitations, cultivation visits/events, and stewardship activities, tracking this activity in Altru.
- Support solicitations as needed, preparing background information and helping develop strategies;
- Work with Director of Major Gifts to identify members who are prospects for upgrades in the Museum Circle program; co-develop strategy for qualification meetings and subsequent moves management;
- Identify additional stewardship and cultivation opportunities that deepen donors’ connection to PAMM.
- Work with Director of Major Gifts on programming for Museum Circle and Capital Campaign donors.
- Work strategically with Development team on effective moves management.
- Ensure accurate contact management and donor records are maintained in Altru; Write proposals, create presentations for donors as needed.
- Utilize the donor prospecting/screening software to identify leads.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas, and openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings and memorandums
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) files, office supplies an electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org