Donor Relations Coordinator- School of CommunicationCompany: University of Miami
Date Posted: April 17, 2015
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. At the U, we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team! GENERAL OVERVIEW:
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. At the U, we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
The Donor Relations Coordinator assists with the planning and execution of the full range of fundraising activities within the his/her designated area(s), and may be called upon to assist with general fundraising activities or to support others. With minimum direction, the Coordinator will provide a broad range of senior-level functions dealing with donor communication, prospect management, events management, and high-level administrative duties performed in compliance with the University’s policies and procedures.
Donor Relations (direct contact with donors, prospects, VIPs)
• Act as contact/liaison for key donors, prospects, VIPs to ensure prospect strategies are advanced, provide expedient assistance to requests and that appropriate follow-up with constituents is successfully completed.
• Manage cultivation and solicitation appointments for fundraisers and administrators.
• Assist donors, prospects and other select individuals with appointments, scheduling and other necessary facilitation.
• When necessary contact prospects/donors to verify biographic information, appropriateness of gift announcements, and representative or event invitee information.
• Track major gift prospects through the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship cycle by reviewing timely and appropriate moves on donor/prospects and inputting into Raiser’s Edge. Determine and update information regarding cultivation and solicitation status, ratings, and strategies. Ensure proper donor, prospect follow-up and next steps are set.
• Responsible for prospect research information on potential prospects with major gift potential. Request appropriate research from research analyst or gather and analyze independently strategic information utilizing on-line databases, reference periodicals, annual financial reports, and Raiser’s Edge, prepares background information/briefing material for administration and fund raisers.
• Design, extract and analyze information from Raiser’s Edge/Business Intelligence to evaluate fundraising progress and proposals in pipeline.
• Ensure that past donors are regularly communicated with and re-solicited on a timely basis.
• Identify prospect for calls for trips administrators and fund raisers.
• Inform the administrators and fund raisers of important information regarding major gift donors, i.e., birthdays, anniversaries, special accomplishments, in connection with cultivations and solicitations.
• Assist with receptions, dinners, community activities and small events to support stewardship and cultivation for major gift donors.. Includes setting up event and invitee in Raiser’s Edge, reviewing addresses, sending invitations, tracking and reporting on RSVP’s from Raiser’s Edge, event checklist, budgets, timelines, vendor negotiations, volunteer management, preparing handouts/presentations, calling to confirm attendance at events and registration briefing administration and fund raising.
• Identify appropriate potential donor, prospect event invitees for general University events.
• Staff administrators and fundraisers at events by being available with agenda, prospect/VIP identification and assistance with any requests or issues at the event.
• Evaluate and make recommendations for appropriate event invitations that will be beneficial to the administrators and fund raisers to attend.
• Plan, coordinate internal meetings, and retreats by establishing meeting objectives, developing agenda, communicating with presenters and attendees, preparing handouts and presentation material.
Communications and Marketing
• Prepare written proposals and gift agreements for solicitations by collecting and organizing materials in compliance with University policies and procedures.
• Research, prepare and send donor stewardship information.
• Write timely and appropriate acknowledgement letters.
• Manage and reconcile expense accounts, prepare and track BERF’s, check requisitions, purchase orders, order office supplies. Use FRS and DMAS, and ARIBA systems.
• Deposit checks ensuring internal controls and University procedures are followed. Process non-cash donations according to policies and procedures.
• Maintain appointment calendar, and travel arrangements for administrators and fundraisers.
• For mass donor communications and direct mail, ensure information is extracted properly from Raiser’s Edge, information reviewed and edited, letters merged and sent. If using a mail house, contract is negotiated and approved and information sent to vendor.
• Utilize Raiser’s Edge and other University systems to update constituent information in accordance with Raiser’s Edge training and policies and procedures.
• Attend meetings and appropriate training sessions for University Advancement.
• Answer phones and provide general office support.
• Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of 1year of business office experience required at a senior level, which may include supervisory experience.
• Equivalent combinations of education/experience may be considered.
• Must be able to work independently and successfully complete projects and resolve problems.
• Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written with a high level of creativity, attention to details and superior customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access).
• Must have initiative mixed with good, sound judgment.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a dynamic environment.
Apply online. Position 032953.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.