Assistant Development Director for Central Initiatives and ScholarshipsCompany: University of Miami
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. At the U, we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
The Assistant Development Director will work with the Senior Development Director, Central Initiatives and Scholarships to achieve philanthropic revenue targets for the area of focus. Central Initiatives encompasses the fundraising priorities of Academic Affairs and Student Affairs. The Assistant Director will work with supervisors and departmental chairs to develop and implement key fundraising strategies relative to his/her specific areas of responsibility.
Among the administrative and operational responsibilities, the Assistant Development Director will:
• Identify prospective donors and funding sources, in conjunction with faculty and staff, and develop cultivation and solicitation plans, involving the aforementioned groups and volunteers, as appropriate.
• Assist in development and oversight of a small cadre of volunteers whose purpose is to help identify, cultivate and solicit other prospective donors.
• Ensure regular communications and stewardship with donors, including re-solicitations, proper acknowledgement of gifts and pledge payments, reporting, visiting, and providing regular information on the progress of the departments.
• Develop and implement an annual work plan with measurable objectives and courses of action for all relevant activities during the year.
• Make appropriate recommendations to administration, Chairpersons and appropriate faculty concerning their roles and involvement in the identification, cultivation, or solicitation of donor prospects. Facilitate face-to-face interactions with appropriate donors and prospects.
• Maintain communications with colleagues in other schools and central development to ensure effective collaborations and synergy in achieving the university’s key fundraising goals and objectives.
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the University of Miami needs for Central Initiatives and Scholarships, both general and specific to various programs and departments.
• Document all contacts, communications, visits, and proposals in Raiser’s Edge and other appropriate donor files.
• Where appropriate and required, manage support staff, freelance, temporary employees and related volunteer organizations, as determined by senior management.
• Provide professional fundraising services and support to other divisions, departments, and centers as required and directed.
Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of demonstrated successful experience in major gift fundraising and fundraising management, preferably in higher education. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Outstanding oral and written communication skills are necessary along with the ability to be highly organized, creative, energetic, and assertive and exhibit the independent judgment and personal integrity necessary to carry out a senior management role in fundraising. A teamwork oriented approach to colleagues and proven ability to manage people in a positive and constructive environment are essential.
Apply online. Position P100004262.