Development AssociateCompany: South Florida National Parks Trust
Date Posted: October 7, 2015
JOB TITLE: DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
STATUS: FULL TIME, EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 TO $45,000
The South Florida National Parks Trust, a 501(c)(3) organization that supports South Florida’s national parks, is seeking a Development Associate to support the SFNPT’s development efforts on behalf of the organization and its four partner parks: Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park, Dry Tortugas National Park and Big Cypress National Preserve.
Position Description: The Development Associate works closely with the Executive Director and members of the Board of Trustees to achieve the SFNPT’s fundraising goals and advance the overall mission of the organization. The Development Associate reports directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities: The Development Associate is responsible for supporting a range of activities designed to raise funds in support of the organization and its partner parks. While the Executive Director and members of the SFNPT board are generally responsible for requesting donations, the Development Associate plays a key role in planning, organizing, and supporting these activities and tracking results.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the SFNPT’s Membership Program and related events and activities, including the solicitation of new members and renewal of existing members.
- Organize and staff SFNPT events designed to raise funds and cultivate donors.
- Acknowledge and record all gifts received by the SFNPT and coordinate all donor recognition by the SFNPT and its partner parks.
- Maintain and manage a donor database on behalf of the SFNPT.
- Schedule meetings between the Executive Director or board members and donors, potential donors, corporate sponsors and other potential supporters.
- Research potential foundation, corporate, and individual donors using print and internet resources.
- Coordinate direct mail campaigns and other fundraising mailings, both in print and online. Work with outside vendors and consultants as needed.
- Draft fundraising and communications materials (online newsletter, print brochure, fundraising proposals and letters, grant reports, etc.) as directed.
- Other administrative and fundraising duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will have a genuine passion for South Florida’s national parks and the mission of the SFNPT, a bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience with a nonprofit organization. In addition, the SFNPT is seeking candidates with:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage donors and board members, work effectively with others, and demonstrate leadership and professionalism.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences across a variety of platforms, including social media.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use email, Internet, and basic software programs including MS Word and MS Excel to complete assignments.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- The ability to work independently, under pressure, and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to work some weekends and evenings.
- The ability to use a personal vehicle for work (reimbursement provided).
Work Environment: The Development Associate will work primarily from the SFNPT office located in Coral Gables, FL. The successful applicant will be expected to travel to meetings, presentations, and events at South Florida’s national parks and elsewhere. Some weekend and/or evening hours will be required.
Salary Range: This is a salaried position with an annual salary and benefits valued at $40,000 to $45,000 including paid vacation. Final salary and benefits package will be negotiated with the successful applicant and determined in part based on the applicant’s level of experience. The SFNPT is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: Monday October 26, 2015
How to Apply: Mail, email or fax a cover letter, resume, and three work-related references to Executive Director Don Finefrock. No phone calls please.
Don Finefrock, Executive Director
South Florida National Parks Trust
1390 South Dixie Highway, Suite 2203
Coral Gables, FL 33146
T: 305-665-4769 / F: 305-665-4171
This position is open until filled. All applicants will be notified via email once a hiring decision has been made.