Fiscal Relationships OfficerCompany: The Miami Foundation
Date Posted: January 27, 2016
Established in 1967, The Miami Foundation uses civic leadership, community development and philanthropy to advance a better quality for everyone who calls Miami home. Working together, the Foundation, its donors and community partners leverage collective knowledge, creativity and resources for a greater impact than any one of them could make alone.
The Miami Foundation’s Fiscal Relationships Officer primary role is to manage a portfolio of grants for which the Foundation acts as the fiscal agent. The grants management function includes obtaining internal approvals for the grant or grant program, initial vetting of grantees, reviewing grant reporting, tracking and reporting to grantor organization, and disbursement of funds.
Reports to: Vice President, Finance & CFO
Works Closely with: The Miami Foundation Senior Management Team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and revise when appropriate the systems, processes and procedures for grant programs being managed.
- Serve as primary point of contact and relationship manager for a major Foundation partner.
- Meet with and provide information to prospective grantees.
- Review grant applications and obtain approval of senior management team. Produce agreements with new fund-holders and update guidelines as needed.
- Serve as liaison to all funders/fund-holders in order to address any compliance issues and to ensure proper flow of information and communication on each project.
- Manage all grantor/grantee relationships through review of budgets to insure agreement with the funder-approved budget, monitoring grantees’ projects and budgets to ensure that the project is within budget and progressing as anticipated in fulfillment of its intended charitable purpose, serving as point of contact with grantees and providing assistance in the preparation of necessary expenditure documentation and reporting, managing the distribution of grant funds to the grantees and tracking of all deposits and expenditures.
- Stay up to date with IRS expenditure responsibility laws for private foundations. Stay updated with fiscal sponsorship rules and guidelines.
- Supervise the Fiscal Relationships Associate.
- Provide project management support to CFO by assisting with special projects as required or as opportunities arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or business-related field required; 3-5 years of experience working in a related field preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy, ability to plan and organize, strong communication and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of computer software (preferably Blackbaud Financial Edge), Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and budgets.
The Miami Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V.