Philanthropy SpecialistCompany: Cypress Cove
Date Posted: March 9, 2016
Cypress Cove at HealthPark Florida, located in beautiful, palm-lined Fort Myers, is seeking an accomplished, focused Development professional with Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) or related experience to serve as Philanthropy Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Resident Services, s/he will be relationship-focused, motivated, results-oriented, resourceful, creative, highly energetic and intelligent, with exceptional interpersonal, communication, collaboration and organizational skills. The successful candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about Cypress Cove’s mission, and polished and respectful in communication with Cypress Cove residents, leadership and other stakeholders. The candidate must have a track record of following through on promises. An enthusiastic outlook and a collaborative nature with demonstrated experience in making direct solicitations and closing gifts is essential.
This position offers a competitive salary with generous benefits. Relocation assistance may be offered. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Cypress Cove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Specific Requirements Include:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of successful fundraising/sales experience.
- Experience working with the senior population and/or long term care and retirement industries is preferred, though not required.
- Great comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
- Proven ability to build and nurture strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including residents, board members, professional colleagues, volunteers, public leadership, partner organizations and others.
- Prowess in problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, plus taking initiative with consistent and good follow through.
- Track record in financial management, stewardship, and developing strategies to successfully increase revenue.
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies.
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization and capacity to develop and nurture relationships culminating in overall success.
To apply, candidates must complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2713pb3koxm and thereon submit their cover letter and resume. No applications will be accepted via email.
This search is being managed by Laura Weinman, Senior Consultant at Alford Executive Search. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alford Executive Search, a division of Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES), is a retained search firm dedicated to providing recruitment services of exceptional quality and strengthening the nonprofit community through professional staffing solutions. For more information, visit www.alfordexecutivesearch.com.
Cypress Cove is a warm, welcoming senior living neighborhood in South Fort Myers, Florida, offering formal and casual dining, as well as beautiful, maintenance-free apartments and villas. Conveniently located at HealthPark Florida, this full-service Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) provides the assurance of quality health care and support when needed most. For more information, visit http://www.cypresscoveliving.org/.