Development Officer and Senior Development OfficerCompany: United Way of Miami Dade
Date Posted: April 14, 2016
United Way of Miami Dade is looking for an experienced Development Officer and Senior Development Officer to join our Development team. These positions will be responsible for the execution of the campaign process that consists of but is not limited to volunteer recruitment, training, and management; individual, group and sponsorship solicitation; individual and account cultivation, management and customer service; active promotion of corporate giving, individual giving, Leadership giving, planned giving and labor participation, where applicable.
- Execution of the campaign process that consists of but is not limited to campaign strategizing, volunteer recruitment, training, and management; individual and group solicitation; individual and account cultivation, management and customer service; active promotion of corporate giving, individual giving, planned giving, volunteerism, sponsorships, and labor participation, where appropriate.
- Development and execution of workplace program initiatives that consist of but are not limited to information and referral and volunteer development and engagement.
- Preparing reports that include but are not limited to: fundraising summaries, all facets of goal setting, data maintenance in Andar/Salesforce, loaned executive evaluations, and relationship visit reports.
- Managing loaned executives assigned to campaign teams.
- Identifying and secure new Leadership, TS, new business, CFE, CFS and UWD support.
- Working collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development staff, and other United Way staff to achieve the needs of the department.
- Accepting matrix assignments in support of strategic objectives.
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor and/or corporate relationships.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of experience in sales, public speaking, account management, fundraising and/or volunteer management.
SKILLS: Public speaking, understanding of people, ability to adapt to changing situations, ability to understand and analyze industry trends, sales ability, computer skills, basic math skills, and negotiation skills. Spanish language not a requirement but helpful. The ideal candidate should be organized, have previous experience in sales, excellent communication and relationship management as well as public speaking skills.
Salary: $40,000 - $58,327