Senior Development Officer, GrantsCompany: United Way of Miami Dade
Date Posted: June 27, 2016
United Way of Miami Dade is looking for an experienced Senior Development Officer, Grants to join our Development team. This person will be responsible for identifying, defining, and developing funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities. Responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are funded by third-party public and private sources.
- Identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing programs and planned initiatives and activities in United Way’s strategy maps in the areas of Financial Stability, Education II and Health, as well as coordinate and execute the development, writing, and submission of well-researched, well written and well-documented grant proposals to third-party entities. Research and identify new government and private funding prospects. Collaborate on the creation of other funding opportunities utilizing our product development template.
- Follow up with grant making-organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to supply additional supportive material if requested.
- Must read, interpret and apply grant, rules and regulations.
- Maintain and implement funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
- Work with finance department and Community Impact staff to write/prepare annual or quarterly reports to government, foundations and other funders as required.
- Act as liaison with program staff. Conduct inter-department meetings to identify and prioritize project needs, coordinate and research grant preparation assignments.
- Identify funding opportunities to match institutional priorities.
- May serve as a liaison to foundations or other funder organizations.
- Engage with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
- Special projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: A minimum of 3 years related experience in grant writing and contract administration with non-profit fundraising.
Skills: Research skills, writing skills, ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to adapt to changing situations, ability to understand and analyze data, computer skills. Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite.
United Way of Miami-Dade is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of diversity and strive to be representative of the community that we serve.
It is the policy of United Way of Miami-Dade to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and candidates for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, familial status, disability and/or membership in the uniformed services.