Date Posted: July 1, 2016
TITLE: Advancement Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
BASIC FUNCTION: Advance development at a vibrant Miami-Dade Reform Jewish Synagogue. The advancement coordinator is directly involved with advancement initiatives, including the annual campaign and the fundraising gala, working with other volunteers, professional staff, and others to coordinate all development activities and events. The advancement coordinator will plan, execute, and document the temple’s advancement initiatives; organize a variety of meetings with donors and prospects; facilitate communication among staff, volunteers, and donors; develop and monitor development-related budgets; acknowledge and track gifts and pledges; and, maintain all advancement project files. The advancement coordinator will work approximately 20 hours/week, and must be willing to work after-hours, evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Plan and set up development meetings, including all logistics and administrative needs.
- Assist with projects by attending and documenting meetings, researching, reviewing and organizing materials for donor meetings.
- Provide support to advancement committee lay leadership, event chairs, and the senior staff.
- Create and maintain systems for recording, tracking and reporting on advancement progress to other staff members and lay leadership.
- Facilitate timely and accurate communication about the projects with volunteers, donors, leadership and community members.
- Manage and execute all communications regarding pledge follow-up, gift acceptance agreement, and payment plan arrangement.
- Work collaboratively with financial management of the synagogue regarding financial reports and data upkeep on advancement initiatives.
- Assist with special projects within the synagogue community that support advancement goals and efforts.
- Required to maintain a level of confidentiality in sensitive interactions with donors and prospects.
- Collaborate with synagogue staff to ensure all advancement-related communication is coordinated with temple-wide communications efforts.
- Responsible for developing background sheet for Rabbi/Lay leader on each potential donor with giving history.
- Responsible for donor thank-you letters.
- Stewardship: building relationships with lay leaders and donors
- Assist with the planning and execution of all synagogue fundraising events.
- Responsible for the accurate tracking of donor gifts.
- Responsible for maintaining donor lists.
There is no direct supervisory responsibility for this position.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills, able to balance many tasks at once and be very customer service oriented.
- High level of professionalism, poise, diplomacy, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- 5 years of executive administrative support experience, ideally in a development or non-profit environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computers and word processing and data management software.
- Willingness and ability to be part of a highly motivated team.
- Sense of humor
- Ability to tele-commute efficiently and effectively.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org