Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Miami - Grants DeveloperCompany: Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Miami
Date Posted: August 17, 2016
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Miami
Grants Developer Job Description
The Grants Developer is part of an integrated program, administrative and development team responsible for securing annual public and private corporate and foundation grants to benefit BBBS of Miami. This position is specifically responsible for owning and driving a high performing grants development program. This includes identifying, researching and writing grant proposals to achieve the annual integrated budget goals of the organization. The Grants Developer will collaborate closely with Finance, Quality Assurance, development and related Program staff in developing the appropriate strategies for grant submission as well as submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects. Grant preparation will also include event and capital requests. This position reports to the CEO.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to public agencies, private foundations, and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations and participate in the internal evaluation to determine best fit.
- Maintain processes and access to public grant opportunities; track and follow up as appropriate.
- Work with finance, program and development staff to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Develop and track grant metrics and performance measures so as to shape the organization’s grants development strategy for optimum success.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Collaborate with staff to gain a working understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Coordinate with finance and development teams to insure accurate grant records on BBBS digital network & software programs as well as back up manual files.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested by CEO.
- Initiative and drive to generate and research grant opportunities/relationships.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of 3 years experience with grant writing and MUST show proof of a SUCCESSFUL (“FUNDED”) proposal and grant writing track record.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet revenue goals.
Please rend resumes to LydiaIM@BBBSmiami.org