Outreach & Development ManagerCompany: Florida Foster Care Review
Date Posted: August 30, 2016
OUTREACH & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Outreach & Development Manager creates and implements fundraising, communications and marketing plans for the organization. Primarily responsible for (1) increasing donations and visibility through targeted individual and corporate donor prospecting, outreach, cultivation and stewardship; (2) developing and managing communications through optimization of CRM tools; (3) designing and implementing strategic fundraising and outreach events; and (4) engaging in community outreach.
Collaboratively develop and implement an Annual Fundraising Plan for FFCR that includes measurable objectives and courses of action for all significant activity during the year.
Prospecting & Cultivation
- Identify, cultivate and solicit donations from individuals, corporations, foundations and professional groups in support of FFCR’s priorities
- Identify and manage an active pool of 50-100 prospects at $250-$999 giving level, including a minimum of 50 new prospects annually
- Identify and manage an active pool of 25-50 major gift donors ($1000+), including a minimum of 25 new prospects annually
- Schedule and oversee prospect visits with and/or for the Executive Director and key board members as appropriate
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies that galvanize the board around fundraising and working their professional and personal networks
Stewardship & Re-Solicitation
- Ensure that past donors are regularly communicated with and re-solicited on a timely basis.
- Coordinate donor recognition and stewardship event(s)
- Prepare written proposals for prospects and donors
- Prepare support documentation for gift acceptance in accordance with FFCR accounting procedures
- Perform related duties such as attending meetings, training sessions, etc. as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of the office
- Prepare personalized donor acknowledgements in an accurate and timely manner for all donor levels
Events & Campaigns
- Plan and coordinate annual signature fundraising event in collaboration with key FFCR staff and consultants.
- Obtain 5-10 new corporate and individual sponsors for annual fundraising event.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for events
- Develop and manage event and campaign communications in collaboration with Communications Consultant
- Develop, oversee and implement Give Miami Day Campaign in collaboration with Communications Consultant
- Develop, oversee and implement April Appeal and related campaign and event in collaboration with Communications Consultant
- Develop, oversee and implement Giving Circle (Friends of Florida Foster Care Review - $1000+ level)
- Develop, oversee and implement donor appreciation opportunities and events
Communications & Outreach
- Develop and Update a Communications plan
- Prepare and disseminate electronic communications as necessary in collaboration with Communications Consultant
- Manage FFCR Blog in collaboration with Communications Consultant
- Ensure that media materials are prepared and distributed as needed
- Develop communications tools and materials and ensure that these are prepared for meetings as needed
Tracking & Reporting
- Record all prospect and donor contacts in the donor database
- Provide quarterly reports to the Executive Director on key development indicators
- Ensure that donations are properly processed and recorded
- Ensure that appropriate acknowledgement letters and other correspondence are sent
- Ensure that foundation, corporation and individual donor files are properly maintained
- Ensure that database records are continually and accurately maintained and updated
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of experience in non-profit donor development and event-based fundraising
- Experience with online fundraising and peer-to-peer campaigns preferred
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, positive, creative, energetic, and outgoing
- Exceptional work ethic, including the ability to occasionally work late and/or on weekends
- Technologically savvy with exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; donor database and/or CRM applications; and social media outlets
- Strong community contacts and relationships as well as vendor networks and relationships are preferred
- Multi-lingual a plus, especially Spanish
- Team player who is willing to tackle tasks both large and small
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Full-time/Exempt position reports to the Executive Director
Florida Foster Care Review currently offers a competitive compensation and a benefits package (eligible after probationary period) that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Ileana Albrecht, Administrative & Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries please.
Florida Foster Care Review embraces equal employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, immigration/citizenship status, disability, and/or protected veteran status.