Regional Director of Development, Southeast and Sun Coast RegionsCompany: National Parks Conservation Association
Date Posted: September 19, 2016
The Regional Director of Development, Southeast (AL, AR, GA, KY, NC, MS, SC, TN) and Sun Coast (FL, LA, PR, VI) Regional Offices (SERO/SCRO) assumes leadership of a growing fundraising program in the Southeastern United States. S/He will be responsible for working with high-net worth donors and prospects to secure gifts for NPCA’s national and regional programs. S/he will work closely with senior development staff, executive and program staff, the Southeast and Sun Coast regional staff, national trustees and regional volunteers to increase support at the $10,000+ level focusing on higher five-, six- and seven- figure prospects in particular to help grow the revenue of the existing portfolio.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least five years proven experience in major gifts fundraising.
- Demonstrated success working with and engaging volunteers in philanthropy.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills and the ability to prepare funding proposals.
- Ability to work with a wide range and diversity of constituents and must be prepared to travel 50% of the time throughout the two regions and occasionally to Washington, DC.
- Must enjoy calling and visiting donors and prospects in person and must be willing to work as part of the national development team.
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects, handle details, and work effectively under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel and database management software.
- Bilingual communications skills preferred: English/Spanish
Qualified applicants please submit your resume and cover letter directly online to www.npca.org/about/careers under "Current Job Listings". No phone calls please. NPCA is an EOE.