Corporate and Foundation Partnerships Officer - work in any Florida cityCompany: American Red Cross
Date Posted: November 22, 2016
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are seeking a Fundraising Officer who will identify, solicit, negotiate and secure mutually beneficial partnerships with corporations that can offer reach and revenue to support the Red Cross brand and its organizational priorities. This role will initiate, maintain and grow these corporate relationships, mainly with Fortune 1000 companies, to maximize their long-term value and benefit to the American Red Cross. This includes developing cultivation and solicitation strategies, creating proposals for funding priorities, and coordinating activities with other Development units and with chapters to maximize gift potential. The Officer also serves as the point-of-contact for assigned donors to help grow their fundraising objectives and relationship with the Red Cross.
This position can be located within any major city in Florida. Regular travel throughout the state is required.
- Solicit corporate partnerships and sponsorship business with the goal of generating $1 million in annual financial support for the organization (may include budget relieving in-kind).
- Create customized corporate solicitation strategies based on strategic philanthropic and marketing objectives for assigned business industries.
- Manage the creation and expansion of numerous national corporate partnerships and their promotions for the purpose of raising funds and visibility for the ARC, while meeting the goals and expectations of corporate partners.
- Coordinate services and support of several ARC departments in order to deliver ARC resources which lead to credible, individualized, highly-visible and strategic corporate partnerships.
- Maintain such relationships to deliver maximum value to ARC. Relationships should result in successful, measurable revenue and visibility to ARC.
- Promote corporate alliances to ARC field to ensure full benefits of these alliances are realized by the field.
- Provide resources, education and training to ARC field representatives allowing for recognition of opportunities and development of corporate alliances, and provide technical support for field implementation of such alliances.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of five years experience in cause marketing, corporate philanthropy, corporate sales, marketing and promotions, advertising or public relations.
- Superb oral and written communication skills required as well as strong negotiation, presentation and liaison skills.
- Ability to operate independently and deal effectively and persuasively with corporate executives, management and staff.
- Must display tact and diplomacy in difficult or sensitive situations.
- Marketing experience in developing and implementing retail promotions, online or viral campaigns and national cause-marketing programs a plus.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.