Special Events DirectorCompany: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami
Date Posted: June 5, 2017
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF GREATER MIAMI
POSITION TITLE: Special Events Director
The primary objective of this position is to manage planning, operational logistics and execution of events for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami, including the annual Gala.
- Develop and implement unique fundraising strategies related to special events. Assist in securing and coordinate all appropriate permits, licensing prior to events. Manage materials and signage needed for event production.
- Manage special committees for events. This includes developing goals and objectives for committees, facilitating meetings and leading those committees towards successfully completing the established goals.
- Work closely with and negotiate with external vendors to coordinate goods and services for special events. Manage relationships and bidding process to ensure the best service and most efficient cost for goods and services.
- Create and adhere to project budgets and timelines for special events. Track and collect funds raised for special events. Monitor progress of registration, ticket sales and income goals and adjust plans as appropriate. Work with VP, Philanthropy to create income and attendance projections for events.
- Solicit in-kind donations for auction items; coordinate and manage operation of both live and silent auctions for each event.
- Secure financial resources for special events by soliciting underwriting / sponsorships.
- Work with the VP of Philanthropy and VP, Marketing to develop a marketing/PR campaign for each event.
- Work with other staff to maintain items on website related to events.
- Help create and oversee the design of all event communications, invitations and promotional materials.
- Manage and oversee Special Events staff/volunteer/consultants, including for on-site logistics and coordination.
- Strong knowledge of event planning logistics, crowd control, sound, lighting, entertainment, food, beverage, promotion, advertising and publicity.
- Familiarity with the local corporate and philanthropic community.
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial data and qualitative information for reports.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of donor management database, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Highly organized with the ability to adapt easily to changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years minimum experience in event and gala management.
- Experience working in non-profit development desirable.
- Proven success in sponsorship a plus.
Please send resume and brief cover letter to Marlene Fearon at MFearon@bbbsmiami.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information please visit http://www.bbbsmiami.org