Development DirectorCompany: Friends of The Underline
Date Posted: June 12, 2017
Friends of The Underline
June 1, 2017
- Develop and execute FUL fundraising plan: 6-7 years, $60 Million dollars
- Strategize, oversee, manage and execute private fundraising activities (including consultants engaged) that target individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and sustain board of directors and trustees relationships.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Manage the use of fundraising technology (Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge) and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee organization of fundraising special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all private, foundation and corporate fundraising.
The candidate must be a self-starter, strong communicator and leader, fluent English with minimum proficiency in Spanish, entrepreneurial in spirit with excellent computer skills. Ideally, the candidate has access to a donor network within the South Florida market and a proven track record of securing major gifts.
Base annual salary year 1: commensurate with experience.
Performance Bonus: to be shared with interviewees
Vacation: Up to 15 days of paid vacation and sick days
Medical Benefits: N/A
About Friends of The Underline and The Underline
The Underline, a planned 10-mile off-road urban trail, linear park and living art destination below Miami's Metrorail in the city's urban core is one of the most exciting projects in Miami-Dade County. Led by Friends of The Underline, a 501C3 non-profit and Miami-Dade County's Transportation & Public Works Depts., The Underline is the fastest moving project of its scope in the country, has 60% of funding committed from State, County, Municipal and private sources and will begin construction this Fall.
Using 120-acres of county-owned underutilized land below Metrorail, The Underline provides a last-mile connection on foot and bike to 8 transit stations and a substantial return on investment, improves bicyclist and pedestrian safety and public health and connects communities.
Miami lags peer cities in amenities like The Underline that attract and retain talent and inspire sustainable development and growth. Fast Company calls The Underline a 2017 "world-changing idea" and Travel & Leisure calls it one of the next great parks of the world.