Regional Development ManagerCompany: The ALS Association Florida Chapter
Date Posted: November 7, 2017
Regional Development Manager
The Regional Development Manager handles all aspects of fund development and fundraising, in the assigned region of Broward and Palm Beach Counties, including meeting targeted income and expense goals. The Regional Development Manager is part of the Fund Development team to ensure that the Walk to Defeat ALS and Ride to Defeat ALS goals are achieved.
The Regional Development Manager reports to the Director of Development.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to meet budgeted income and expense goals for the Walk program in assigned region(s) that includes committee involvement, corporate involvement, team-building and fundraising, communication and stewardship, marketing and outreach, and event day objectives.
- Develop and implement a corporate solicitation model (CLC, corporate effort, etc.) to achieve sponsor budgeted goals.
- Works in conjunction with Care Services staff to involve patients and families in awareness and fundraising opportunities.
- Works in conjunction with the Marketing staff to achieve marketing (PR) objectives.
- Works in conjunction with the Team Support Coordinator – Fund Development to coordinate fundraising and non-revenue generating activities.
- Responsible for the recruitment, stewardship, and retention of strong Walk committee chair and members as well as building a strong relationship with the YPG.
- Identify grant and foundation opportunities and steward foundations as assigned.
- Works with the Support Team Coordinator – Fund Development to manage volunteer opportunities.
- Engages the public by representing the Chapter and speaking at community events.
- Coordinates auxiliary groups, including the recruitment and stewardship of members and group logistics.
- Act as the Chapter’s regional media and public relations spokesperson in assigned region when required.
- Ability to keep explicit records in Chapter’s donor database.
- Requires a minimum of 50% in-person meetings, and daily outbound phone engagement with constituents required.
Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in fundraising, event management, sales, or related field required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher required and must pass testing.
- Must be comfortable with initiating traditional fundraising techniques, i.e. cold calling, overcoming objectives, asking for the gift, etc.
- Experience with volunteer management.
- Must have appropriate boundaries in place as it relates to interactions with clients, constituents, and staff.
- A skilled communicator, able to balance diverse agendas and points of view, while maintaining a sense of common purpose and organizational vision.
- Able to handle confidential information and maintain high confidentiality.
- Team player who enjoys interaction with professionals, peers, volunteers and those served by the organization.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to move about to retrieve files and visit donors.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. There will be occasions when it will be required to load or unload event materials.
- Requires a minimum of 50% in-person meetings with constituents.
- Able and willing to drive a car and/or a van within the state of Florida. May require occasional travel outside of Florida for regional or national meetings.
- Able and willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Must have and maintain a vehicle driven for business purposes, valid driver’s license, good driving record, and insurance
- Must pass drug testing, background check and motor vehicle record check.
- Extrovert and personable personality.
- Able to work well with others.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment.
- Empathetic and understanding of the challenges faced by the clients that the Chapter serves, while remaining focused on the chapter goals for program delivery.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, highly efficient and conscientious about thorough follow-up.
- Solid reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities.
- High degree of initiative, self-motivated, resourceful and reliable.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/cases simultaneously.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
To apply - send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.